No, I didn’t mean SBA & EMQ. Which is obviously the format of the MRCOG exam.
Question Type One: The ones that have a direct and straight forward answer.
- Percentages- OAB percentage in adults/ OHSS % after IVF/ Risk of recurrence of abruption/Shoulder Dystocia recurrence (This time questions)
- Treatment- severe malaria/ OAB drug/ Anti D dosage etc
- Drug side effects
Try not to miss out on these types of questions. They carry easy marks.
Question Type Two: This one is where you need to figure out the answer by clinical knowledge
- LW management- after CTG changes/ after VE findings/ Breach
- Diagnose the condition after- symptoms & signs/ pictures
- Ethics- abortion act
- Calculation- statistics/ genetics
For this type: many may come up with different types of answers at the exam and have various justification for them. And we would not know for sure.
These are just a few examples I just came up off hand. From experience, I feel one should not miss the easy marks. The journals and guidelines need to be Read and Remembered.
The next post is on how to tackle these questions. Go check that out!